Four Mile Creek Baptist Church is in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message of the Southern Baptist Convention, 2000 edition. The following is a brief summery of our beliefs. If you have any further questions about what we believe, feel free to Contact Us!.
- There is one living, sovereign God who eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Revelation 1:8
- Isaiah 43:10-11
- Deuteronomy 6:4
- Matthew 28:19
- Jesus was sent by the Father to live on earth; he was fully God and fully human, yet had no sin. Jesus willingly laid down his life and after three days, rose from the grave. In doing this, Jesus fulfilled the payment for the world’s debt of sin.
- Luke 1:31,35
- 1 Corinthians 15:3
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
- The Holy Spirit was sent by the Father and Son to convict the world of sin and to empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. He lives in every believer and is a constant helper, Teacher and guide.
- John 14:16-17
- God created people in his image, and everyone matters to God.
- Genesis 1:26-27
- Genesis 5:1-2
- All people are sinners and need God’s forgiveness.
- Romans 3:23
- Those who confess and turn from their sin, trusting in Jesus Christ, will be saved by grace and become children of God, with the promise of eternal life.
- John 3:16-17
- Galatians 3:26
The Church, The Bible and Christ’s Return
- Jesus Christ is the head of the church and all believing people are members.
- Ephesians 4:15-16
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Jesus Christ will return and there will be a final judgment.
- Matthew 24:3,37